New Products for the Week of April 24th!
4.28 New Products
Enjoy fresh soups from Hale & Hearty and Kettle Cuisine.
Place Kettle Cuisine Order by Monday 11AM and Hale & Hearty orders by Wednesday 11AM for delivery on the following Wednesday or next delivery day thereafter.
May Hale & Hearty Soup Menu
This is a paleo approved breakfast item, if you are checking this!
Yield 4 Servings
- 2 medium yams (06352, 55-60CT)
- 4 slices Kunzler bacon (KNZ2660, 12/1#)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced (00691, 50#)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (02619, 5#)
- sea salt (CQS032, QT) and black pepper (CQP064, GAL)
- 4 large eggs (EGG014, 15/1DOZ, Martin’s Quality Eggs)
- garnished with chopped sage (05318, 4OZ)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke yams with a knife a couple times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent.
- After bacon cools, cut into small pieces.
- Once yams are cool, cut lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the yam.
- Mash yam into skillet. If it is a little under cooked, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the chopped bacon. Place yams on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set. Garnish with chopped sage and enjoy.
Recipe from plaidandpaleo.com
||BACON TOPPING-3/8″ COOKED
Hatfield Bacon Topping Spec Sheet