We love roast beef and this sandwich from The Mediterranean Dish caught our eye because it’s slightly different than a standard roast beef sandwich with the typical horseradish and arugula on it. The caramelized red onion with bell peppers was delicious and very versatile for other applications and the sharp cheddar added the perfect contrasting flavor to this warm sandwich.
Learn more about Berk’s Packing and save on their products this month here.
Yield 4 Servings
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced (00683, 5#)
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, sliced (00834, 5#)
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (02619, 5#)
- Olive oil (992055, 3LTR)
- Seasoned salt (CQS020, GAL)
- ¼ cup brandy
- 8 slices good French boule bread or similar
- Unsalted butter, softened (880030, 36/1#)
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (775564, 4/5#, Foremost Farms)
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (774101, 2/5#, AMPI)
- 1 lb thinly sliced Berk’s Roast Beef divided into four equal portions (110098, 2/5#)
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high. Add the onions and saute for five minutes then add the green peppers, garlic and a dash of seasoned salt. Saute for another 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender and onions have slightly caramelized. Reduce the heat to medium; add the brandy and cook until it evaporates. Remove from heat, and roughly divide the vegetables into four equal portions.
- Lightly butter the back of each bread slice, if desired.
- To assemble the first roast beef sandwich, take one slice of bread and top it with some of the shredded sharp cheddar and mozzarella. Now add the sauteed vegetables, roast beef. Top the roast beef with more shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Finally add another slice of bread to top the sandwich. Repeat with the remaining three sandwiches
- Grill the sandwiches, each, in a panini grill, electric plate grill, or a stove-top grill for 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted. If using a stove-top grill, carefully flip the sandwiches over mid-way through grilling. Press with a spatula.
- Remove from heat. Serve with your favorite chips and beer! Enjoy!
Recipe from www.themediterraneandish.com
Enjoy a great appetizer or a tasty twist on your lunch sandwich with Hormel’s Applewood Smoked Bacon Club Wrap.
To view our Hormel September product specials click HERE.
Yield 6 Servings
12 ounces package Hormel Applewood Smoked Bacon (554037, 15#)
1 cup mayonnaise (992173, 4/1GAL, Ventura)
1 garlic clove, minced (02619, 5#)
6-12″ flour tortillas (559309, 6/12CT, Tyson)
12 leaves bibb lettuce (00569, 12CT)
12 slices tomato (01074, 25#)
12 slices Swiss cheese (774525, 6/1.5#, Great Lakes)
8 ounces turkey (FRD306-0, 2/8#, Freda)
8 ounces tavern style ham (FRD207-0, 8#, Freda)
Cook bacon in skillet on medium heat; drain on paper towels.
In bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic; mix well. Spread mayonnaise mixture over each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border.
Top each tortilla evenly with lettuce, tomato, cheese, turkey, ham and bacon. Roll up tortillas tightly; wrap with plastic wrap, enclosing ends. Refrigerate until serving time.
Cut each tortilla roll crosswise into 8 slices to serve. Thread rolled club on skewer with stuffed green olive, if desired.
Recipe adapted from HormelFoods.com
One of our favorite burgers is still Devault 2145 Homestyle Burgers. There is nothing quite like a fresh grilled burger with all the toppings to get the meal started off right!
Devault Homestyle Burgers are 100% pure ground beef that looks and tastes homemade. Juicy, tender, uniquely shaped and then portioned to your specifications. IQF.
To view our Devault Foods July product specials click HERE.
Devault Homestyle 80/20 4oz Burgers (DVF2145)
Mild Sliced Cheddar Cheese (774106)
Better Burger Lettuce (05968)
Sliced Tomatoes (05932)
Sliced 1/8″ Onion (03835)
Any additional toppings of your choice!
Preheat lightly oiled grill to 350˚F. Place frozen burger on the grill and close lid. Flip once you see the top of the burger defrosting, about 4 minutes. Continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 165˚F. Top with cheddar cheese when you have about 1 minute left to grill.
Serve with toppings and condiments.
Recipe originally posted in September 2013
A great use for Tyson’s Red Label Fully Cooked Chicken Tenders are baked up and topped with some fresh sweet onions, Garrett Valley uncured dry rubbed bacon and blue cheese. Simple, fast and a nice contrast of textures and flavors.
For more product information on Tyson’s Red Label Chicken Tenders click here!
Click here to view Tyson products that are on special this month.
8 Tyson Red Label Chicken Tenders (553113, 10#)
4 slices bacon (GV71156, 4/3#, Garrett Valley)
4oz blue cheese (775810, 6#, Mindoro)
1/4 cup sweet onions
4 12″ honey wheat wraps (559310, 6/12CT, Tyson)
Bake chicken tenders at 375 degrees for 14 minutes, and slice into strips. Fry up bacon and slice. Chop sweet onions. Lay out wrap, crumble blue cheese over bottom, top with remaining ingredients. Tuck ends in and wrap tightly. Heat a panini pan or press and heat until warm. Slice and serve warm with fresh salad.
Recipe from the Kitchen of Kristy Clark
New Products from Ken’s Dressings! Source all ingredients through Hometown Provisions.