Two flavors that represent autumn to me are apple and pumpkin. This week I present possibly the best Apple Crumb Cake you will ever come across. Every fall for the past two years my friend has made this treat for book club and this year I got my hands on the recipe! It can be enjoyed for dessert, breakfast, or however you see fit, as we welcome in this crisp fall weather!
Apple Crumb Cake
Yield: 12 Servings
5 Granny Smith apples (00018, 12CT)
2 1/2 cups sugar, divided (991842, 50#, Golden Barrel)
2 teaspoons cinnamon (CQC065, 1QT)
3 cups flour (991889, 25#)
1 tablespoon baking powder (NOT1030, 10#)
1 teaspoon salt (991862, 50#)
1 cup vegetable oil (992065, 6/1GAL, Town & Country)
4 eggs (EGG014, 1DOZ, E.K. Martin)
1/3 cup orange juice (00728, 4/1GAL, Natalie’s Orchid Island)
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (NFC1055, 1GAL)
1/2 cup brown sugar, light (NSU2150, 50#, Golden Barrel)
1/2 cup flour (991889, 25#)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, solid (880030, 1#)
2 tablespoons sugar (991842, 50#, Golden Barrel)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and slice apples thinly. Mix with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon, set aside. Sift dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into greased 10″ tube pan, alternating batter and apples equaling 3 layers each. Top with crumb mixture. Bake 1 hour and 20-30 minutes.
Recipe from the kitchen of Casey Bounds
|774181||CHEDDAR LOAF-BUFFALO WING||2/5#|
|774184||CHEDDAR LOAF-ROASTED GARLIC||2/5#|
|774185||CHEDDAR LOAF-STEAHOUSE ONION||2/5#|
YANCEY’S FANCY® FAMOUS 5-10 MINUTE CHEESE SAUCE-Use this recipe to make delicious cheese fries!Look for these Yancey Fancy Cheeses to be on special next month! Enjoy the following recipes to get your creative kitchen juices flowing.
- Bring 2 1/2 – 3 oz. of water to boil
- Crumble in approximately 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) of any Yancey’s Fancy® processed natural cheddars (i.e. Buffalo Wing, Horseradish, Pepperoni)
- Stir until smooth
- Lower heat to a simmer
- Remove from heat and serve
YANCEY’S FANCY® BUFFALO WING CHEDDAR™ CHILI
- Use your favorite chili (i.e. from a can or homemade)
- Stir in 2 oz. of Yancey’s Fancy® Buffalo Wing Cheddar™ for every 8 oz. (1 cup) of finished Chil
- Stir into chili until completely melted
YANCEY’S FANCY® CHEESY CHICKEN WINGS
- For 1 dozen chicken wings.
- Bring 2 1/2 – 3 oz. of water to a boil, reduce to simmer
- Crumble 8 oz. of Yancey’s Fancy® Buffalo Wing Cheddar™ into the boiling water, stir until smooth
- Remove from heat, sauce should thicken as it cools Note: For extra heat, add cayenne pepper to the cheese sauce and stir in while cooling.
- While the cheese sauce is cooking, deep fry your chicken wings at 350° until golden brown
- After your cheese sauce has started to thicken, use tongs to dip your chicken wings into the cheese sauce
- Enjoy your “Cheesy Chicken Wings!”
YANCEY’S FANCY® ORIGINAL PEPPERONI CHEDDAR™ MAC & CHEESE
- Cook (boil or grill) about 1-2 lbs. of chicken breast and shred or use precooked chunks of rotisserie chicken and shred -Set aside until end
- Boil and drain half a package of noodles (enough for 4 people) until desired firmness -Set aside until end
- Meanwhile cut into chunks 1/2 lb. of sharp processed cheddar and 1/2 lb. of Yancey’s Fancy® Pepperoni Cheddar
- In a big saucepan bring 6 oz. of water (or your favorite beer) to a boil
- Put the cheese that is chunked up in it and IMMEDIATELY start stirring and continue to stir until all chunks are melted into a sauce
- Remove from heat and add noodles as well as shredded chicken and mix together
New Products for the Week of October 20th!
10.24 New Products
Whole Peeled Yams
The earthiness of mushrooms represent Fall flavors to me. This sandwich is a nice comfort food. Easy to make, with clean simple flavors! Make sure to keep your eyes out for our November Yancey’s Fancy promotions!
2 tablespoons butter (880030, 36/1#)
8 ounces fresh baby bella mushrooms (00651, 12/8oz)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (00351, 5#)
3 tablespoons white cooking wine (991970, 4/1GAL)
2 tablespoons minced parsley (00754, 6CT)
2 slices Yancey Fancey Champagne Cheddar cheese (774186, 10/7.6oz)
4 slices wheat bread (991737, 6/32oz, Bakery di France)
Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove dirt. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic; saute until lightly browned. Turn the heat up to high, add the wine, and stir until the wine has cooked down and there is hardly any liquid left in the pan.
Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium high heat. Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon butter over the exterior of the 4 slices of bread (melting it first helps it go farther). Place the bread on the griddle, buttered side down, and top with mushrooms and one slice of Yancey’s Fancey. Top with a second slice of bread, buttered side facing up. Grill until golden brown, flip, and repeat. The cheese should be melty and gooey and bread will be crispy on the outside.
For open faced sandwiches, I would suggest grilling the bread first on the griddle like directed, but then adding the cheese finishing the whole thing in a hot oven for a more even, gooey, picturesque melted cheese topping.
Recipe adapted from Pinchofyum.com